Forgotten Cures: Diarrhea
* Castor Oil: My mother honestly believed that mixing
orange juice with castor oil made it more palatable
DIDN'T!! Furthermore we received castor oil whether we were
constipated OR had diarrhea
-in the latter case it was supposed to
"rinse out" all the germs. Howard Congdon
* Add more cheese to your diet.
* If something is eaten that seems good and upsets the
stomach, add vinegar to water and sip it. It works immediately. If not
taken right away and the toxin passes thru the system and causes
diarrhea the vinegar will still work as soon as taken. I have
personally used this and will swear by it. Vinegar is so simple and
cheap --- my favorite kind of remedy. Betty C
* One desertspoon of Tincture of Rhubarb in 1 tablespoon
of warm water. Absolutely foul but guaranteed you will only need one
dose. My parents used this all the time when I was a kid. They never
gave it to children but it certainly worked for them every time.
* Whenever I had the runs, my mom would put a tablespoon
of flour in water (about 6oz.). At the very most, you may have to go
to the bathroom one more time, (needs a moment to get into your
system) but that's it.