ratsnaplesfl | great pdf on rats in florida.
info on rats by the university of florida extension office. If you have them in Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota or Desoto County, call Ken at NeighborHelp Referrals' Affordable Trapping 239-465-9291
" Rodent Control
To control rats, implement the following procedures:
Rodentproofing - Rodentproofing is changing the structure of buildings in order to prevent entry of rats and mice. In considering rodentproofing, you must know that
* Rats can squeeze through cracks ½ inch wide; mice, ¼ inch wide. Any place a pencil can be poked, a mouse can go.
* Rats can climb the inside of vertical pipes 1½ - 4 inches in diameter.
* Rats can climb the outside of vertical pipes up to 3 inches in diameter and any size if within 3 inches of a wall.
* Rats can jump vertically 36 inches, horizontally 48 inches, and reach horizontally or vertically 15 inches.
* Rats can jump 8 feet from a tree to a house if the branch is 15 feet above the roof. "
Excellent PDF attached. Contains great information on rat control in Florida.
NeighborHelp Referrals' Affordable Trapping services Collier, Lee, Desoto, Sarasota and Charlotte County, Florida. Call 239-465-9291 and ask for Ken and we'll help ratproof your home.