collierftf.com - Collier County Foreclosure Task Force
FORECLOSURE PREVENTION : COOPERATION BETWEEN LEGAL AID AND THE LOCAL BAR ASSOCIATION
A cooperative effort between the Legal Aid Service of Collier County and the Collier County Bar Association formed to promote foreclosure prevention
" 9 Numbers you need to know:
1. Legal Aid Service of Collier County - (239) 775-4555. Non-profit providing free legal services to qualifying low-income individuals and households.
2. Collier County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service - (239) 252-8138. Find a local attorney to assist you.
3. Collier County Housing Development Corp. - (239) 434-2397. Non-profit agency providing free foreclosure intervention counseling.
4. Florida Attorneys Saving Homes ('FLASH') pro bono program - toll free at (866) 607-2187. See below for more information.
5. HOPE NOW - Voluntary coalition of lenders and servicers across the country. Call toll free - (888) 995- 4673.
6. Countrywide - (800) 669-6607. If you are a Countrywide borrower, call to see if the recent settlement between the Florida Attorney General's Office and Countrywide renders you eligible for new options or opportunities to save your home.
7. Florida Attorney General's consumer hotline - (866) 966-7226. Call to report suspected mortgage fraud.
8. Collier County Code Enforcement - (239) 252-2440. Call to report a property with suspected code violations. You can do this anonymously. Keep neighborhoods safe and attractive!
9. Collier County Sheriff's Office - (239) 775-TIPS. Call this number to join the Community Safety Team initiative. You can also anonymously report any suspicious activity on abandoned or otherwise vacant properties. Help fight crime!
The new statewide 'FLASH' hotline - for those in pre-foreclosure status looking for pro bono legal assistance. A pro bono attorney may be able to negotiate with your lender in an effort to avoid foreclosure and allow you to remain in your home. See the below blog post dated July 30, 2008. The toll-free Hotline number is (866) 607-2187. The Tampa Tribune recently published an article on the 'FLASH' program . You must call between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This program prioritizes those seeking to save owner-occupied 'homesteaded' property, for folks who are currently 'economically disadvantaged.' Contact the program for further details. "