Connected Data Doubles Revenue in Q2, 2015 as Company Sets New Standard for File Sync and Share Private Cloud Solutions
Add your Naples Florida Press Release or Company Profile to NAPLESPLUS
Press Release Give your opinion about this listing via "Review" or suggest corrections/additions
Company Gains Significant Momentum as Demand Accelerates for Its Transporter for Business Family of Private Cloud Storage Appliances Which Deliver the Performance, Privacy and Security that Public Cloud Offerings Lack
This financial milestone comes in the wake of accelerating demand for Connected Data's Transporter for Business family of private cloud storage appliances. International Data Corporation (IDC) forecasts that the FSS market will grow at a 23.1% five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2018 to $2.3 billion. The healthy growth rate through 2018 will continue to be driven by the shift to cloud, mobile use of FSS, and the ability to share and collaborate with others effectively.
Connected Data is addressing the next wave of FSS appliances that remove the risk, complexity and costs associated with public cloud services like Dropbox and Box. Designed to protect and secure business data onsite, Transporter private cloud appliances support employees' needs to sync, access and share files anytime, anywhere across their computers and mobile devices for maximum productivity. The system supports mobile applications including Transporter Mac App, Transporter Windows App, Transporter iOS App and Transporter Android App. All Transporters are compatible with one another, so businesses can easily leverage any combination of appliances to achieve their file sync and share objectives for optimal efficiency and business advantage.
"Organizations want to have control of their data, but many have lost control because users want simple solutions for storing data that includes the same levels of mobile device access, ease of use, and sync/share capabilities as public cloud FSS products," said Terri McClure, senior analyst, ESG. "Employees won't stop using these public cloud file sharing services unless there is a better and more efficient way than standard NAS. Connected Data's private cloud storage appliances give IT the control they need to keep data secure and protected while giving users the experience and ease they experience with consumer FSS solutions."
Transporter works seamlessly with existing NAS systems and file servers - giving IT full control of their data and users the flexibility and ease to access and share files across their computers and mobile devices. With Transporter, organizations leave their files exactly where they are and sync files with their existing storage solutions. Users get the benefits and simplicity of the cloud with the performance, privacy, security and protection of on-premise NAS - that public cloud providers can't deliver.
In addition to Connected Data's record growth in Q2 2015, the company announced several other significant corporate milestones in the first half of the year, leading the industry with continued innovation and expansion:
· In February, the company added two new additions to the Transporter for Business familythe Transporter 15 and 30 applianceswhich combine the modern file management features of public cloud storage services with the visibility and control offered by a network-attached storage (NAS) system from vendors such as NetApp. With Transporter, Transporter 15, Transporter 30, Transporter 75 and Transporter 150, Connected Data now offers a complete range of private cloud file sync and share solutions for businesses of every size.
· In April, the company expanded its executive team and announced two C-level executive appointments to address the growing demand for Transporter private cloud appliances over public cloud and legacy NAS offerings, with Russell Johnson joining as COO and Gene Spies named CFO. These appointments were followed in June by the announcement of storage industry veteran Mike Munoz being named to Connected Data's Board of Directors.
· In May, Connected Data announced the expansion of its Partner Program. The Excelerate Partner Program offers an aggressive pricing model, motivating SPIFFS and an extensive array of sales and marketing resources. As a member of the Connected Data Excelerate Partner Program, VARs, VADs, System Integrators and Service Providers can now deliver the cloud experience with the privacy and security controls today's businesses demand while quickly building a solid recurring revenue stream.
· In June, the company introduced its Transporter Network Storage Connector, which enables mid- and large-sized businesses to protect their investment in on-premise NAS systems while offering a secure, private cloud, file sync and share appliance. The Connectorwhich is offered at no cost and is now included with Connected Data's Transporter 75 and 150 private cloud storage appliancessyncs enterprise data stored on NAS systems with Transporter shared folders, eliminating the need for a VPN.
· Connected Data recently secured a U.S. Networking Patent (U.S. Patent No. 8,959,242) in record timejust 7 monthssetting a new performance standard for how companies reduce network bandwidth issues that can impede performance when sharing files across computers and mobile devices.
· The company received industry recognition through several recent awards, including:
- Connected Data's Transporter received a 2015 MVP Award (Most Valuable Product) in the cloud category from Computer Technology Review.
- Connected Data was named on the CRN 2015 List of Emerging Vendors.
- Connected Data's Senior Channel Marketing Manager, Samina Subedar, was named to The Channel Company's prestigious 2015 CRN Women of the Channel.
- Subedar additionally was named to The Channel Company's "Up-and-Comers" List.
"It is a constant challenge for corporate IT when their users choose personal private cloud services like Dropbox for their file sync and sharing needs because they leave the company with no way to ensure corporate data is secure, private and protected," said Geoff Barrall, CEO, Connected Data. "Transporter private cloud appliances were designed from day one to provide the experience of Dropbox that users love with the security of an enterprise NAS to ensure superior performance, privacy and protection to minimize data exposure and risk. Because data is 100% private and stored only onsite, Transporter it is the only cloud' FSS solution that meets the compliance and security needs of modern organizations."
Tweet this: .@Connected Data Sees Strong Momentum as Demand Accelerates for its Private Cloud Storage @FileTransporter Appliances
About Connected Data: Connected Data is the leading provider of private file, sync and share appliances designed to combine the simplicity of public cloud file sharing solutions with the performance and security of an on-premise appliance. The Transporter for Business family of solutions deliver the control, privacy and security enterprises require to protect their critical data while providing the easy mobile access that todays users demand. The Transporter Network Storage Connector is included with the Transporter 75 and 150 private cloud solutions and extends the two-way synchronization capabilities from their existing NAS storage systems to mobile devices and laptops. This gives users the ability to access files from anywhere, on any device, enhancing workflow productivity without the costly fees or privacy issues of public cloud subscription models. Connected Data is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has over 40,000 Transporter users managing more than 24 Petabytes of storage worldwide. For more information, visit www.connecteddata.com.
Connected Data and Transporter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Connected
Press Contact: Sabrina Sanchez The Ventana Group Chantilly, VA (925) 785-3014 email@example.com http://www.theventanagroup.com
NOTE: If your business information is incorrect, or you want ownership of your page (free), please see How do I modify my NAPLESPLUS business listing or find out more about this business?