Top 100 things mom's say
Most kids have heard this from their mother - then end up saying it to their kids!
These are those little sayings that are passed down from Mother to Child
then are magically are said again when that Child becomes a Mother!
1. A little "birdy" told me!
2. A little soap & water never killed anybody.
3. Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
4. Am I talking to a brick wall?
5. Answer me when I ask you a question!
6. Are you deaf or something?
7. Are you going out dressed like that?
8. Are you lying to me?
9. Are your hands broken? Pick it up yourself! I'm not your maid!
10. As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.
11. Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
12. Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
13. Call me when you get there, just so I know you're okay.
14. Clean up after yourself!
15. Close the door! You weren't born in a barn!
16. Cupcakes are NOT a breakfast food!
17. Did you brush your teeth?
18. Did you clean your room?
19. Did you comb your hair?
20. Did you flush?
21. Do as I say, not as I do.
22. Do I look like a maid?
23. Do you live to annoy me?
24. Do you think I'm made of money?
25. Do you think this is a hotel? You can't just come here only to sleep.
26. Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
27. Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.
28. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
29. Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way.
30. Don't eat that, you'll get worms!
31. Don't eat the seeds or you'll have watermelons growing out your ears
32. Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again!
33. Don't go out with a wet head, you'll catch cold.
34. Don't make me come in there!
35. Don't make me get up!
36. Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.
37. Don't pick your nose in public.
38. Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
39. Don't run in the house.
40. Don't run with a lollipop in your mouth.
41. Don't sit too close to the television, it'll ruin your eyes.
42. Don't talk with your mouth full!
43. Don't use that tone with me!
44. Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!
45. Don't you have anything better to do?
46. Eat your vegetables, they're good for you.
47. Enough is enough!
48. Go ask your father.
49. Go play outside! It's a beautiful day!
50. Go to your room and think about what you did!
51. How can you have nothing to wear? Your closet is FULL of clothes!
52. How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?
53. How many times do I have to tell you?
54. I brought you into this world, and I can take you right back out!
55. I can always tell when you're lying.
56. I can't believe you can sleep in this filth!
57. I can't believe you did that!
58. I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"
59. I don't buy snacks to feed the neighborhood!
60. I don't care what "everyone" is doing. I care what YOU are doing!
61. I don't care who started it, I said stop!
62. I don't care who started it, YOU stop it!
63. I don't have to explain myself. I said no.
64. I don't know is NOT an answer.
65. I hope someday you have children just like you.
66. I hope you don't kiss me with that mouth!
67. I just want what's best for you.
68. I said CLOSE the door, I did not say SLAM it.
69. I would have never talked to MY mother like that!
70. If God had wanted you to have holes in your ears (eyebrows, tongue, etc.) He would have put them there!
71. If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...
72. If I want your opinion I'll ask for it!
73. If it were a snake, it would have bitten you.
74. If I've told you once ... I've told you a thousand times.
75. If wishes were horses...
76. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
77. If you could stay out last night, you can get up this morning.
78. If you don't clean your plate, you won't get any dessert.
79. If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!
80. If you stick your tongue out again it will fall off.
81. If you're too full to finish your dinner, you're too full for dessert.
82. If you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to play outside.
83. I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one.
84. I'm doing this for your own good.
85. I'm going to give you until the count of three... 1.. 2.. 2 and a half... 2 and three quarters
86. I'm going to skin you alive!
87. I'm not always going to be around to do these things for you.
88. I'm not going to ask you again.
89. I'm not running a taxi service.
90. I'm not your waitress!
91. It's no use crying over spilt milk.
92. It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust everyone else.
93. I've had it up to here with you.
94. Life isn't fair.
95. Look at me when I'm talking to you.
96. Look at this room! It looks like a pigsty!
97. Money does NOT grow on trees.
98. Never try on anyone else's glasses or you'll go blind.
99. No child of MINE would do something like that.
100. No, I don't know where your socks are,its not my day to watch them!
101. Nobody asked you.
102. Now, come back downstairs and go back up WITHOUT stomping your feet!
103. Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!
104. Over my dead body!
105. Pick that up before somebody trips on it and breaks their neck!
106. Pick up your feet.
107. Put that down! You don't know where it's been!
108. Running away? Don't let the door hit you in the rear.
109. Running away? I'll help you pack.
110. Running away? Is that a threat or a promise?
111. Say that again and I'll wash your mouth out with soap.
112. Shut the door! I'm not heating (air conditioning) the entire neighborhood!
113. So it's raining? You're not sugar -- you won't melt.
114. Someday your face will freeze like that
115. There's enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes!
116. Think of those poor starving children in India... (or China, or Africa.)
117. This hurts me more than it hurts you.
118. Turn off that light. Do you think we own the electric company?
119. Turn that racket (music) down!
120. Watch your language!
121. Watch your mouth!
122. Well, I haven't figured out how to cook "cold" yet.
123. Well, people in Hades want ice water, but do you see me with a PITCHER?
124. Well, people in Hell want ice water too!
125. Were you born in a barn? Close the door -- and DON'T slam it!
126. What did I say the FIRST time?
127. What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
128. What kind of a grade is that? You could do much better!
129. What part of NO don't you understand?
130. When I was a little girl...
131. When I was young we had respect for our elders, now look at the world!
132. When I was your age, I had to walk ten miles through the snow, uphill, by myself, to go to school.
133. When I was your age...
134. When you have kids of your own you'll understand.
135. When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
136. Where do YOU think you're going?
137. Who died and left you boss?
138. Who do you think you are?
139. Who do you think you're talking to?
140. Who said life was going to be easy?
141. Who taught you THAT? You didn't learn that in this house!
142. Why? Because I SAID so, that's why!
143. You are getting on my last nerve.
144. You can't find it? Well, I can't find it for you - I didn't wear it!
145. You can't find it? Well, if you'd put things where they belonged, you wouldn't have this problem.
146. You can't judge a book by its cover.
147. You can't start the day on an empty stomach.
148. You don't always get what you want.
149. You had better wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you.
150. You have an answer for everything, don't you?
151. You just ate an hour ago!
152. You made your bed, now lie in it.
153. You must think rules are made to be broken.
154. You should have that phone surgically implanted in your ear.
155. You WILL eat it, and you WILL like it!
156. You won't be happy until you break that, will you?
157. You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders!
158. You'll understand when you're older.
159. You're going to put your eye out with that thing!
160. You're the oldest. You should know better