Homemade hand sanitizer recipe
Easy and it works
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel
- 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol, (99% is best but anything over 70% is fine)
- 8-10 drops of essential oil such as vanilla, lavender, etc. (optional)
- One small mixing bowl and spoon
- Recycled liquid soap bottle
What to Do:
1. Pick out an essential oil which can usually be found at health, beauty product, or aromatherapy stores.
2. Measure out each ingredient and pour them into the mixing bowl.
3. Put the funnel in the opening of the soap bottle and pour the mixed ingredients into it.
4. Screw the pump back on.
Now you’re ready to battle those germs with your own fragrant hand sanitizer!
"My sister in law and I shared the expense and made a big batch of hand sanitizer this fall when the flu season started. It worked great! We used the empty soap dispensers for everyday use, but we stored the extra in large empty syrup and ketchup bottles with flip tops. The squeeze bottles make it super easy to refill your pump bottle. We liked the lavender scent the best."