1 lb Lean ground beef; 10 oz (1 pkg)spinach;
16 oz (1 cn) stewed tomatoes; -frozen chopped
-undrained 1 c Lowfat cottage cheese;
1/2 c Water 2 tb Parmesan cheese; grated
1 cl Garlic; minced 1 tb Dried parsley flakes;
2 ts Whole Italian herb dressing; 1 ts Dried whole oregano;
-dried Vegetables Cooking spray
8 oz (1) pkg Lasagna Noodles; 4 oz Lowfat American Cheese;
-whole wheat -shreadded prosess
Chol: 49 mg; Calories: 190; Carbo: 16 gm; Protein: 16 gm Fat: 6 gm;
Fiber: Tr; Sodium: 393 mg
1. Cook ground chuck in a medium skillet over medium heat until
browned. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Return meat to skillet, stir in tomatoes,water, garlic, and
Italian herb seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and
simmer 20 minutes.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and
fat. Drain well and set aside.
4. Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt and
fat. Drain well, squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine
spinach and next four ingredients, stirring until well combined. Set
5. Place half of cooked noodles in a 12 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish
coated with cooking spray. Top with half each of cottage cheese
mixture and American Cheese. Spread half of meat mixture over top.
6. Repeat layers with remaining cooked noodles, cottage cheese
mixture, shreaded American cheese, and meat mixture. Bake at 350
degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Divide
into twelve portions and serve hot.
Serving: 12; Each Serving amount 1 portion Exchanges: 2 Med-Fat Meat;
Reformated for you and yours via Nancy Obrion and her Meal-Master
(From Bill Orsetti via GEnie)
From: All New Cookbook For Diabetics and Their Families
Copyright 1988 Oxmoor House, Inc.
Book Division of Southern Progress Corporation
P.O. Box 2463, Birmingham, Alabama 35201